Thursday, 30 April 2015
How often have you seen someone walking around gazing at their smartphone and bumping into something? There are statistics that indicate that 25% of all car accidents are smartphone related. In London, England they are experimenting with wrapping lamp posts with foam pads to reduce the risk of injury.
From England's Daily Mail newspaper: Research showed that Brick Lane in East London was the top spot for texting injuries... 68,000 such accidents last year... fractured skulls.
How often have you asked, “Please Lord send me a sign.” but never bothered to look up or look around? How much do we really miss out on what God is trying to tell us or teach us because we aimlessly focus our attention on meaningless chit-chat?
Thankfully, when it comes to all the Bus Stop Bible Study panels we post, we are able to rely on God stepping into the picture. We have received countless testimonies from people who have looked up, seen one of our panels, and God has spoken.
We once received a call from a woman who had just left Princess Margaret Hospital with a positive cancer diagnosis. Can you imagine the devastating impact at just having received that kind of news? Well, for this woman, God showed up. She got on a TTC bus, looked up, and God spoke directly to her as she read His Word. As soon as she got home she called our office to share her emotions; the devastating news of a positive diagnosis mixed with the joy of knowing that God cared about her so personally and in such an intimate way.
As we so often like to say, “At just the right time, just the right person will get on just the right bus, and a life is changed.”
Next time you want a sign from God, look up or look in your Bible.
Monday, 6 April 2015
1. Forgive your enemies – it messes up their heads.
2. Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
3. Keep skunks and bankers at a distance.
4. Bees can fly considerably faster than a tractor.
5. Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull strong.
6. Do not correct somethin’ that you know is more riled up than you are.
7. Most of the stuff folks worry about aint gonna to happen anyway.
8. Don’t judge folks by their relatives.
9. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
10. Don’t interfere with somethin’ that aint botherin’ you none.
11. Life is like a sandwich; birth as one slice, and death as the other. What you put in-between the slices is up to you.
12. Live a good life. Then when you get older you can think back and enjoy it a second time.
13. Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.
14. If you find yourself in a hole, the first thin’ to do is stop diggin’.
15. Good judgement comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
16. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
17. When drinkin’ outside on a hot day, always dip your canteen upstream from the herd.
18. Lettin’ the cat outa the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin’ it back in.
19. If you thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around.
20. Nothin’s worse than that moment durin' an argument when you realize you’re wrong.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.